Mantis

costum report page

Posted by Geekrumper 
costum report page
February 19, 2008 10:42AM
We are planning to use MANTIS internally and externally (for customers to report bugs).

Here are some functions that we would like to have;

external form (create/modify bug page for clients)
external list (a list of bugs which clients are available to track/watch)
internal/external feedback (We want to display different states/messages on a bug; one for internal purpose and the other for external)

Docs: Also here there is a need of two different sections. One for developers and the other for customers.

Now to my suggestion;
Is it easier to handle this with user/group rights or is a plugin required? How easy is it to implement my requirements with a good knowledge of php?
Re: costum report page
February 20, 2008 08:41AM
What are the differences between the internal and the external version? Look? Fields to fill? Other?

Vincent

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.5, 1.1.1
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19

Please complete your signature with your environment informations.
Enable skype notification here
Re: costum report page
February 20, 2008 10:11AM
Differences:

Look, Fields to fill

internal:
- more categories available (I think this can be managed through groups)

external:
- add groups (doesn't matter if we see them internally)

An example situation is explained below:
A customer which can only access via username/password submits a bug. This bug will proceed through our support section (which will modify the bug) and be assigned to a developer.
You can already modify at the support section what feedback is for the customer and what is for the company purpose.

The customer himself can only see a buglist from the software he owns and the bugs he submitted. I'm not sure if I can assign bugs to a group/account.

This procedure will happen the most. All though the wiki has same functions (costumer Manuals and company manuals).

This is it... I would like to know what could be part of a plugin (rationally) and what can be solved already with the functions of MANTIS.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 1 on April 02, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 115 on November 09, 2023
Top Users
Hébergeur : Morinie.Fr