Mantis

Private vs Public with MyReport

Posted by artgroup 
Private vs Public with MyReport
September 07, 2008 10:36PM
I found that with MyReport the default value of VIEW_STATUS is always set to Public, while I would like to have only PRIVATE report.

I found the code on [color=#006600][b]bug_report_inc.php[/b][/color] file which is responsible for this. I modified just moving the 'checked' istruction down to PRIVATE section.

[i]case 'view_status':
?>
<input <?php echo helper_get_tab_index() ?> type="radio" name="view_state" value="<?php echo VS_PUBLIC ?>" [b][s][color=#FF0000]checked="checked"[/color][/s][/b]/> <?php echo lang_get( &#039;public&#039; ) ?>
<input <?php echo helper_get_tab_index() ?> type="radio" name="view_state" value="<?php echo VS_PRIVATE ?>" [b][color=#0033CC]checked="checked"[/color][/b] /> <?php echo lang_get( &#039;private&#039; ) ?>
<?php
break;[/i]

Now all reports are by default with private flag set.

In my opinion the best way to handling the Private vs Public status flag should be to read the type of Project (Private/Public) and set the view_status accordinly.
I&#039;m not an expert but I could try to do something with some input if necessary.

Cris by ArtGroup

Mantis: 1.1.2
PHP: 5.2.5
SQL: MySQL 5.0.51a
Re: Private vs Public with MyReport
September 07, 2008 10:52PM
That&#039;s a bug in the plugin winking smiley

Vincent

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.5, 1.1.1
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19

Please complete your signature with your environment informations.
Enable skype notification here
September 07, 2008 10:56PM
But I think you&#039;re confused about the status of the bug. A public bug in a private project is seen by all people involved in the project (from VEIWER to ADMINISTRATOR). A private bug in a private project is seen by developers of the project (from DEVELOPER to ADMINISTRATOR + the bug REPORTER).

If I am a VIEWER in project1 and project3 (and nothing for project2) and you report a public bug in project2, I can&#039;t see it (because I can&#039;t see the project2 at all).

Vincent

Mantis: 1.1.0, 1.1.5, 1.1.1
PHP: 5.0.4
SQL: MySQL 5.0.19

Please complete your signature with your environment informations.
Enable skype notification here
September 07, 2008 11:44PM
That is what I was looking for!! thumbs up
... so i got back to the original version.

Many thanks.

Cris by ArtGroup

Mantis: 1.1.2
PHP: 5.2.5
SQL: MySQL 5.0.51a
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 1 on April 02, 2023
Record Number of Guests: 115 on November 09, 2023
Top Users
Hébergeur : Morinie.Fr